CW Top Secret is a plugin for Joomla that prevents access to a site by unauthenticated users except for a designated set of components or menus.
- Login to your Joomla administrator
- Go to Extensions > Manage, and go to the "Upload Package File" tab
- Click the "Browse" button to locate your CW Top Secret installer package
- Click the "Upload and Install" button to finish isntallation.
Step 2: Configuration
- In the Joomla administrator, go to the plugin manager at Extensions > Plugins
- Locate and open the CW Top Secret plugin
- Note: All parameters are optional.
- Select whether or not you want to use the first whitelist menu option.
- If you selected "Yes" to using the first whitelist menu, select the first menu you would like to whitelist. Any menu item in this menu will be whitelisted, meaning that the user's access to that menu item will not be blocked by CW Top Secret.
- Repeat the previous steps for the second and third whitelist menu options. You may whitelist up to 3 menus.
- Enter a comma-separated list of components you would like to whitelist. The user's access to pages rendered by these components will not be blocked by CW Top Secret. The Joomla users component is already added here by default, because you want the user to be able to access the login form.
- Enter a comma-separated list of components you would like to blacklist. The user's access to these components will be blocked regardless of whether or not the components have menu items in the whitelisted menus. Note that this only applies to unauthenticated users.
- Select whether or not you want CW Top Secret to only run on the frontend of the site. Select "Yes" to ignore the administrator and only run on the front end.
- Select the menu item to which you would like to redirect users whose access is denied.
- Enter a message to be displayed to users when they are redirected because their access is denied.
- Click Save & Close.